[FFmpeg-user] Invocation of ffplay API/functions from Aplication code

mahesh raja maheshraja8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:24:20 CEST 2011

Hi

We have downloaded FFMpeg and built FFplay. The player is executing fine.
We have seen that the all the functions like stream_open, event_loop are
defined as static in ffplay.c and are only part of the ffplay executable.
They are not available as part of any library. If we want to invoke these
APIs from our application so that the application can control
when to play and when to pause,  is there a way to do ? We have seen that
this has the license LGPL 2.1, so please suggest if there is a way to
invoke the APIs from our application.

Thanks,
mahesh