[FFmpeg-user] Scene detection

lovelove googol at wolke7.net
Fri Sep 9 09:55:34 CEST 2011

Peter B. wrote:

> For getting a list of detected scene cut offsets, I can also suggest
> using "shotdetect" by Johan Mathe:
> http://shotdetect.nonutc.fr/
>
> (NOTE: The current release is quite old and contains some issues, but
> I've fixed some of them and Johan agreed to merge them back upstream -
> there's no official release containing those changes, but if you need
> them, let me know)

Thank you Peter. I tested shotdetect today and it really has some nice
concepts. The  http://shotdetect.nonutc.fr/ graphs  are really cool. Problem
is, almost all input videos failed. They were either outright refused or
failed to produce any meaningful output. For example, just try any video
from youtube, they all fail. I got only a single video to work.

It's really a pity because I that's the only command line tool with scene
change detection I found and I really quite badly wanted this to work ...

If you want to send me your improved release, I would of course be happy to
test it and give feedback. I'd have some comments/suggestions, but I think
they are secondary to the input issue.