[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG initial analysing delay

Gavin Kinsey gkinsey at ad-holdings.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 14:28:52 CEST 2011

On Thursday 08 September 2011 12:54:50 Sambhav wrote:
> Thanks. -probesize did reduce the initial analysing period.
> But still it has a delay of ~2 seconds.
>
> What is the unit of the probesize ? The minimum value it is taking is 32.

It's in bytes.

> Is there any way to avoid the initial probing ? I know all the parameters
> of the input file.

Not that I know of, short of writing your own app that uses the ffmpeg
libraries.  It's the av_find_stream_info call that causes the delay, but
ffmpeg always calls it.  How long it takes depends on the nature of the
stream.

--
Gavin Kinsey
AD Holdings Plc

Closed IPTV, the new safe and secure deterministic IP Video solution from Dedicated Micros, is now shipping through selected distributors.
- Come and see this award winning plug and play, IP Video innovation at one of our Roadshows around the UK visit: https://www.dedicatedmicros.com/europe/ClosedIPTVRoadshow2011
- Contact our Customer Services Team for more information regarding how to enter the world of safe and secure hybrid IP and analogue video surveillance systems.