[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG initial analysing delay

Sambhav isambhav at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:39:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to combine h264 elementray video bitstream and AMR audio
bitstream into a 3gp container.
Both audio and video is read from pipes. My application writes data into the
pipe in realtime.

ffmpeg -analyzeduration 0 -i vpipe  -analyzeduration 0  -i apipe  -vcodec
copy -acodec copy  output.3gp

It is taking around 2-3 seconds for the audio input(apipe) to be analysed
after which it prints the input properties and then the actual packing into
the container starts.
When  "-analyzeduration 0 " is given, it almost takes 10sec to analyse the
input.

Is this the expected behaviour, or am I missing any parameter for it to
start analyzing input without the initial huge delay ?

Regards,
Sambhav