[FFmpeg-user] Encoding h264 with 4:4:4 chroma

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:25:44 CET 2011

> This is a very broken version of FFmpeg, please test latest git head.

It would be helpful if this project pointed people towards binaries.

I have little idea what a "git" is and where to find its "head". I suspect
that even if I did it would get me a lot of .c files which, to be useful,
would require me to create an entire new computer system, construct the
appropriate build environment, and cross-compile FFmpeg for windows.
Whether I would need to take three years out to go and get a bachelors' in
computer science is up for debate, but the point remains.

Most of the people who use FFmpeg will not test "latest git head" becuase
they have no realistic way of doing so.