[FFmpeg-user] Convert to 24p

Thomas Worth dev at rarevision.com
Fri Oct 28 20:06:44 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Thomas Worth <dev <at> rarevision.com> writes:
>
>> Since good DVDs hold non-interlaced/non-telecined material
>
> I was only speaking about telecined material (scan mplayer-users for uncountable
> reports about them and the various filters that were made over time to fix it).

Yeah it's a big problem especially when we get stuff like old stock
footage from Digibeta that needs to go into a 24 fps project. It's
even more of a problem when the 3:2 cadence breaks... the horror!

I believe some cameras still shoot 24 fps, but wrapped in a 60i
stream. In those cases, we have no choice but to reverse telecine as
you mentioned.

I'm not sure if a simple reverse 3:2 filter is in FFmpeg, but it would
be nice at least for "clean" 3:2'd material.

Of course, you guys in PAL countries never have to deal with this. I'm jealous.