[FFmpeg-user] Apple icod

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Oct 26 19:05:52 CEST 2011

Le quintidi 5 brumaire, an CCXX, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> There are two ProRes decoder, both are LGPL. The default one (former GPL
> decoder) is faster than the fork's decoder.

It should be documented somewhere. I do not know what prores is, nor do I
have any sample, so I will not propose myself to do it.

Are there advantages to using the other decoder? If so, they should be
documented too.

> Concerning the duplicated efforts: This was of course one of the "goals" of
> the fork, if somebody claims the opposite, please don't trust him!

That is obviously false, and you will only irritate people who would like to
work despite the already bad atmosphere by stating such things.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George