[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG BUG REPORT - FLV to MOV (incorrect codec FOURCC) [SOLVED 2]

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Thu Oct 6 05:35:43 CEST 2011

On 06.10.2011, at 3:55, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/33102
>
> I didn't know QuickTime supports Sorenson Spark in mov - could you
> upload a sample (one of those you modified and tested successfully)
> to http://www.datafilehost.com/ and send us the link?
>
> In my tests, I was unable to play Sorenson Spark in mov with
> QuickTime, Flash Media Server unfortunately produces isom files
> containg Sorenson Spark with "H263".

I'm sorry, I've forgot to tell that I use Perian add-on for QT (http://perian.org/
). It extends QT player with support of many famous formats like H264,
DIVX, etc. So, I don't know exactly, if Perian is used or not when I'm
playing this movie, but QT definitely doesn't recognize "H263" FOURCC.
A screen appears, inviting to download an add-on, when I'm opening
this movie. I'll test this fact on a "pure" Mac OS X though...

As for QT native support for Sorenson Video, AFAIK, it supports "SVQ1"
and "SVQ3" FOURCC's, and I had such movies somewhere on my PC.
Unfortunately both Sorenson Video v1 and v3 are completely
incompatible with the SV subversion, used in FLV/SWF.

Taking into account the fact that Perian package is based on the
libavcodec, I believe my question about incorrect FOURCC, inserted
into the file, becomes just more actual, if it is not related to QT
itself, but to Perian add-on.

Regards,
-Alex