[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg crashes with -force_key_frames?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Oct 5 14:05:07 CEST 2011

Le duodi 12 vendémiaire, an CCXX, Wan-Yi Lin a écrit :
> I am very new to ffmpeg so if my question is silly, please forgive me.

It was not silly at all.

> My goal is to encode the video so that there is an I (key) frame at 10
> second mark(or right after 10 second mark). I tried
>
> ffmpeg -i  input.avi -acodec ac3 -vcodec libx264 -b 1200k
> -force_key_frames:v 00:00:10:00 out.avi
>
> but ffmpeg crashed. I tried on Windows and Linux, both ffmpeg crashed.

Can you try the patch I just submitted:
https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2011-October/115562.html
and see if it fixes the problem for you?

And if you have other reasons to post questions here, please try to remember
to also include a verbatim copy of the full output of ffmpeg. It was not
necessary here because the problem was very specific, but it may have been.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George