[FFmpeg-user] [ffmpeg-user] transcode and segment at the same time

Jonathan Isom jeisom at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:15:08 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Quy Pham Sy <phamsyquybk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to implement HTTP streaming server, which is similar to this
> (http://www.ioncannon.net/programming/452/iphone-http-streaming-with-ffmpeg-and-an-open-source-segmenter/)
> But, instead of segment the video file after it is completely
> converted by ffmpeg, I want to do encoding and segmenting at the same
> time (something like if the output stream from the encoder is sent to
> the segmenter immediately).
>
> what should be the appropriate solution for this?

Hi

I was just messing with this the other day. Something like this should
do. set the output to "pipe:" and use a pipe to the segmenter and "-"
for the segmenter to
read from the pipe.
example

ffmpeg -i rtp://127.0.0.1:1234 -y -r 29.97 -vcodec libx264 -vprofile
baseline -preset veryfast -threads 4 -b 300000 -acodec libfaac -ac 2
-ab 128000 -f mpegts -s 854x480 pipe: | segmenter  - <rest of your
options>

Jonathan