[FFmpeg-user] Web camera and microphone capture via dshow

Kristen Eisenberg kristen.eisenberg at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 11:23:38 CEST 2011

I'm trying to capture and encode video/audio from camera and microphone using
libavcodec, libavformat and libavdevice. It works, video and audio captures,
but after encoding it all is messed: everything is extremely speed up (like
you recorded it at 25 fps and then played at 100). I think I don't get
something about all that pts/dts stuff and synchronization, but I honestly
don't know where to look. ffmpeg unfortunately is very poorly documented in
terms of programming (why? it's so mature, why someone won't write at least
how library works?). I took muxing example from ffmpeg git and modified it
to feed encoders with data from webcam and microphone using av_read_frame
and av_decode_video/audio. Any ideas?

Kristen Eisenberg
Billige Flüge
Marketing GmbH