[FFmpeg-user] error concealment from ffmpeg/x264 for h264 videos

HardikSharma hardik.sharma22 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 07:32:15 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I am producing error in h264 stream by dropping 5%, 10% and 20% slices from
JM and ffmpeg encoded streams. I calculated PSNR for both and JM is like
more then 40% better then ffmpeg. I tried to get JM and ffmpeg to as close
as possible in specifications.

The bigger concern is in ffmpeg, it even dropped some frames when I
introduced error in 264 stream but JM didn't drooped any frame. Am I
ignoring any crucial point? or is it suppose to be like this. That's why I
want to know what kind of conceal FFmpeg uses so that I can figure out
something for this. Please post your suggestions.