[FFmpeg-user] non-redistributable non-free

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Nov 29 19:55:30 CET 2011

Mike Rotondo <Rbigm101 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Can I provide a shell script to someone that compiles and installs a
> non-redistributable non-free version of ffmpeg?

What was wrong with Haralds answer?

Note that afaict, no lawyers are posting on this list, and only a lawyer can
give you a binding answer!
(I am not a lawyer.)

Apart from warranty, The GPL and the LGPL primarily restrict the distribution of
binaries, so if you distribute shell scripts (that I suppose are not based on
FFmpeg source code), I wonder what you are worried about.