[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG 0.8.5 : AC3 (a52) codec unrecognized while receving RTSP stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Nov 27 17:13:03 CET 2011

Ashish Mathur <mail2ashi.86 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It seems to be a bug with FFMPEG 0.8.5. I can't play any AC3 stream through
> rtsp demuxer.
>
> Can someone look into this issue?

I am not sure I understand correctly:
Do you mean it works fine with current git head, but does not work with 0.8.7
(unfortunately, 0.8.5 is not a supported version anymore)?

If this is the case, you should be able to find the commit that introduced the
fix, and I can backport it to the next 0.8 release.