[FFmpeg-user] mov [ProRes/pcm_s24le] -> mp4 same quality

HallMarc Websites marc at hallmarcwebsites.com
Thu Nov 17 19:56:50 CET 2011

> > Can you provide a sample command line that would do what you are
> > thinking concerning the mov IDs?
>
> Sorry, I mostly live in embedded-land, so commands lines are a thing of
> mystery and terror to me.  I'm coming at this from a knowledge of the
> standards rather than ffmpeg :-(
>
> --
> Rhodri James
> Kynesim Ltd

No problem. I found out a way to retain the audio quality of the pcm_s24le
codec from a mov container when pulling it into a mp4 container by using aac
and -strict experimental in the command line. Still s16 instead of s24 but I
couldn't hear any diff in the sound quality like I could when using libfaac.