[FFmpeg-user] ProRes to x264

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Nov 16 10:54:38 CET 2011

HallMarc Websites <marc <at> hallmarcwebsites.com> writes:

> I have used the following command
>  ffmpeg -y -i source.mov -sameq new.mp4
> I have tried a few different flags in the command line and yet I still get a
> video that when played through QT plugin well, the audio plays fine yet the
> video seems to be in slow motion.

Since it is unclear to me if you have a problem that is both reproducible with
the original and the new file or only the new file:
Does the original file play fine with ffplay?
with mplayer? With mplayer -speed 0.3?
(=Is it a performance problem you see?)

What about ffmpeg -i source.mov -s 480x260 out.avi?
Or ffmpeg -i source.mov -s 480x260 -vcodec mpeg4 -strict experimental -acodec
aac out.mov
Does the resulting file play ok?