[FFmpeg-user] Decode h264 width no start code error

Tuan DN tuan.dn at anlab.vn
Tue Nov 8 08:39:48 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie with ffmpeg, I would like to ask a question.

===

I use ffmpeg.exe as external program to generate thumbnail by following
command:

-itsoffset -7 -i ..\outputdata\output.mp4 -vcodec mjpeg -vframes 1 -an -f
image2 ..\outputdata\ouput.jpg

File MP4 is h264 standard

My problem is that

- If file MP4 have start code at the begin of frame: 00 00 00 01 then above
command runs ok and generates output.jpg

- If file MP4 have no start code then above command will faill to generate
output.jpg, please see the attached file

  + [h264 @ 01eb1fe0] no frame!

  + [h264 @ 01eb1fe0] mmco: unref short failure

===

Could someone give me some advice on how to generate image

Forgive my English.