[FFmpeg-user] to 64 or 32

Jim Shupert jshupert at pps-inc.com
Fri May 27 23:42:51 CEST 2011

On 5/27/2011 4:58 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 27.05.2011 22:50, schrieb Jim Shupert:
>> friends,
>> I am about to put together a system and was wondering what might be suggested
>> 32 bit or 64
>>
>> I am thinking of a ubuntu 10.4 machine hp wx8400
>> with a black magic decklink card
>>
>> if anyone has an opinion...
> what has this to do with ffmpeg?
Maybe i should have added that my Goal entire is a system
that will use a decklink capture card and ( very important ) use ffmpeg
to transcode into -- what ever i need.
> x86_64 because the system is usually smaller and if it is only
> because the compiler-flags are better optimized as for generic
> i386-crap from 199x

example : ubuntu 10.4 - 64 bit , the blackmagic card & media express ,
ffmpeg.
So -- having it all work together is important ;)
I was just wondering if anyone might have any recent experience with the
same effort and might have a wise  word of how that went for them ( or
didn't )

thanks