[FFmpeg-user] multiple drawtext parameters

mromey mikeromey at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:14:31 CEST 2011

Want to use ffmpeg to publish quickTimes and thumbnails for our asset
management system.  Evaluating how viable ffmpeg would be as a replacement
to our current system.  In the past I have done it lots of different ways.
I have used After Effects, Nuke, RVIO, python and pil.  Thus far I am
impressed with ffmpeg but having some difficulty with some parameters.
Exploring the drawtext filter.  I have the following example.

ffmpeg.exe -i C:/temp/input.mov -vf drawtext="arial.ttf=':text='TEST'"
C:/temp/output.mov

Have a few questions:

1.  Is it possible to process multiple drawtext in the same IO stream.  I
would rather load the movie or image sequence once into memory once then
apply each drawtext overlay rather than process the addition of each
drawtext and load the file each time.  If this is possible can somebody help
by showing me the syntax.

2.  One of the drawtext burn ins needs to be a frame counter.  Is it
possible to send some type of internal variable/flag to the value of text
that would use the frame number in lieu of static text?

3.  Was hoping to get some direction as to how I would take a single frame
slate file and append it to a quicktime via ffmpeg.

Thanks for the help in advanced.

Romey