[FFmpeg-user] error when compiling ffmpeg

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Wed May 18 05:17:21 CEST 2011

On Sat, 14 May 2011 00:53:51 Kumar Sricharan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When trying to install ffmpeg, I get the error "ERROR: libx264 not
> found". I am attaching the config.log file.
>
> Please let me know how to resolve this problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Kumar

Install the libx264-devel package (whatever that happends to be for your
distro) or build x264 from source before building ffmpeg. Either way will
install the required headers. If you do choose to build libx264, I'm pretty
sure it needs --enable-shared during configure to build shared libraries.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au