[FFmpeg-user] Streaming delay

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Wed May 11 09:47:21 CEST 2011

Dear list!
I'm trying to get live streaming, from a camera attached to PC using
cheap, 4 channel USB grabber. I have using sample configuration for
ffserver (http://ffmpeg.org/sample.html) and appropriate command for
ffmpeg :

$ffmpeg -s 640x480 -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0
http://localhost:10090/feed1.ffm

To view the stream, on client I have using flowplayer. It's working well,
exclude that the delay between real contents and stream is more then 10
sec on 100 MBIT ethernet LAN.
What part (ffserver.conf or ffmpeg command, may be both) should I have
"tune" to lower this delay? What parameter could lower this delay?

Sincerely
  tovis