[FFmpeg-user] Has ffserver's "av loose sync" problem been fixed?

JiangJie yangtzj at hotmail.com
Fri May 6 08:53:50 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm considering building a stream media server based on ffmpeg + ffserver.
The video will come from a v4l2 device and the audio comes from an alsa device, i.e, /dev/dsp.
I'd like to stream both the encoded audio and video simultaneously.

However, from http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffserver.html,
it says that "The audio and video loose sync after a while".

Has this problem been fixed in the latest release (such as ffmpeg-0.6.3, or 0.7-rc1)?
Is it possible to build a product-level stream media server based on ffmpeg + ffserver?

Regards,
Jie