[FFmpeg-user] How to convert a set of pgm files to an rtsp streamable mp4 file

Arnie Bearak arnstrb at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 14:25:43 CEST 2011

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue as I have not been able to
create an rtsp streamable mp4 file (streaming from darwin server on my linux box
to quicktime  or vlc on my windows box).

I run the ffmpeg command

ffmpeg -r 1 -i frame_%05d.pgm -b 18000 -vcodec libx264 -y  -threads 0 -vpre slow
Arn.mp4
and I can create an mp4 file that when copied to the my windows box can be
played with VLC or quicktime.
However,  if I try to stream the file,  I get an indication of unsupported media
type.

Can anyone tell me the appropriate parameter to add to my command line to get
the valid tags inserted into the file so that it can be rtsp streamed?

Thank You,

Arnie Bearak