[FFmpeg-user] rtsp streaming

NokNok Developer developer at noknok.net
Fri Mar 25 06:24:20 CET 2011

On 3/23/2011 4:30 PM, JULIAN GARDNER wrote:
> Ive had a quick try and getting ffmpeg to server rtsp but cant, any ideas or an example.
>
> What i want to do is take a udp stream in, transcode to h264 and then have an external media player connect via rtsp and take the stream.
>
> example command line
>
> ffmpeg -i udp://224.10.0.3:1234 -vcodec libx264 -vpre faster -b 1000k -acodec libfaac -g 75 -async 1 -f rtsp rtsp://127.0.0.1/live/Stream1.sdp
>
> but what i get is
>
>    Stream #0.0 ->  #0.0
>    Stream #0.1 ->  #0.1
> Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)
>
> joolz

I cant help you on the actual command line, but from what I understand
(and I welcome to be corrected), is these are codecs your pushing out,
not a transport container, so without that, ffmpeg can not interleave
the data together, because it does not know how too...

2 options though I do believe exist, you can interleave say into TS
container, and try sending that, or 2nd, it send each codec stream
(video is 1, audio is 2), on different UDP ports, then using the RTSP
SDP packet, outlining the audio and video ports.

Shawn