[FFmpeg-user] ffplay for audio only

Patrick humer4489 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 18:49:06 CET 2011

Hi,

I would like to use ffplay.c as a command line audio only player. So I want to eliminate ALL the video stuff, even the video stuff that is for the audio like the animated waveform. I do not want to use the switches (e.g. ndisp) as it appears that even when using the switches there is somewhat of a graphic being outputted, I would like to just eliminate it all together.  Is this possible by just maybe commenting out certain functions?

If so, could someone provide me some guidance on where I should be in the source: http://pastebin.com/Chx7guzt

I tried commenting out this function, however the screen graphic still pops up:

static inline void fill_rectangle(SDL_Surface *screen,
                                  int x, int y, int w, int h, int color)
{
/*
    SDL_Rect rect;