[FFmpeg-user] Which settings to convert videos with a lot of static content?

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 13:42:14 CET 2011

On 17/03/11 10:40, John Reid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to convert many videos from flv and wmv to mp4. They
> content a lot of static images, i.e. there is no motion on screen for
> seconds at a time. Even when there is motion, it is only a part of the
> image that moves. The audio is spoken word. Are there any settings that
> are suited for this sort of video good to use? Obviously I would like a
> good reproduction and a small file size.
>
> Thanks,
> John.

I should add that at the moment I'm using these arguments:

-i flv/ronen-2011_03_07.flv
-acodec libfaac
-ab 32k
-ar 22050
-s 320x204
-padtop 18
-padbottom 18
-padleft 0
-padright 0
-vcodec mpeg4
-b 32k
-map_meta_data flv/ronen-2011_03_07.flv:mp4/ronen-2011_03_07.mp4
mp4/ronen-2011_03_07.mp4

Thanks,
John.