[FFmpeg-user] Using Kickstarter to gather funding

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Fri Jun 24 16:40:49 CEST 2011

On date Friday 2011-06-24 11:10:18 +0200, Robert Krüger encoded:
[...]
> So the concept would be, someone capable of implementing a feature
> (a dev or a group of devs or the foundation or whatever) would enter
> projects like: - bring aac encoding to the level of libfaac but with
> LGPL compatibility - implement frame interpolation/blending filter -
>
> and then name a price and if funding reaches their price, they deliver.
[...]
> Thoughts on this, anyone?

We considered many times forms of microfunding for feeding the
project, that's an interesting and nice idea for supporting volunteer
based projects like FFmpeg, and we always got stuck with the
administrative/fiscal/economic requirements, but that's definitively
something on which we should focus more. Check also flattr.com for a
similar concept.