[FFmpeg-user] yuv 4:2:2 .avi to 10 bit uncompressed .mov

Dave Bevan dave.bevan at bbc.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 12:40:57 CEST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org
[mailto:ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org] On Behalf Of LB_Cuts
Sent: 21 June 2011 11:38
To: ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: [FFmpeg-user] yuv 4:2:2 .avi to 10 bit uncompressed .mov

Hi guys,

I'm new to all this malarkey but I wondered if anyone knows or has
already written a script for this transcode.

I need to retain the size (1920x1080) and the frame rate (23.98).

Heres the full details of the .avi codec as per VLC info:

Packed YUV 4:2:2, Y:U:Y:V (YUY2)

and I need to output to uncompressed 10 bit .mov

** Try
**
** ffmpeg -i <yourfile>.avi -acodec copy -vcodec copy <yourfile>.mov
**

If it makes any difference I'm working in os x 10.6.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lawrie