[FFmpeg-user] Transcoding to WebM Audio Problems.

Chima Atufunwa catufunwa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:25:40 CEST 2011

I am having problems when it comes to encoding to webm. If my audio track has a few seconds of blank/silent audio in the beginning, it seems that when i use ffmpeg to encode it to webm, it gets removed/deleted. When i go to play it it, the player jumps to the begging of when audio data can be read. I can not even scrub to the beginning because it will keep on jumping to where the audio track begins.

I am using the lastest stable ffmpeg, .6.3 and i have the libvpx and libvorbis. The command line setup is this:
ffmpeg -i "input file" "output file"

The help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

--