[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without reencoding

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:15:12 CEST 2011

On 2011.06.16 05:24 PM, paulj at arrakis.es wrote:
> Is it possible to change the frame rate in, say, a H264 Quicktime video without having
> to reencode it again?
There are better tools for this than FFmpeg. MP4Box can do this with MP4
containers, tsMuxeR with MPEG-TS, mkvtoolnix for Matroska, and so on. I
don't know what to use for a MOV container. AVC streams (at least those
produced by x264, but I pretty sure it's common among all
implementations) contain frame rate info as well, and there is at least
one program (the name of which I forget) that will modify raw AVC
streams. Note that changing frame rate info in the container is easier
and less messy than modifying the raw video stream.