[FFmpeg-user] x264 with 4:2:2 colorspace

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 1 16:19:44 CEST 2011

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 23:11:29 betonpfeiler wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I'm trying to encode a file to an AVC-intra like codec. For testing I'm
> using the following command:
>
> ffmpeg -i test.avi' -vcodec libx264 -pix_fmt yuv422p -vpre fast -b 100M
> -intra 'avcintra.mp4'
>
> The problem is, I can't get ffmpeg to keep the 4:2:2 pix format, it
> always falls back to 4:2:0 on the High-Level. How can I set ffmpeg to
> the high4:2:2-Level?
>
> Thanks!

Please don't hijack threads, which you just did by replying to an existing
message and changing the subject line. This messes up the flow for people who
uses mail programs that display the list by thread and your question is likely
to get missed.

To start a new thread, send a new message to the list. If you're replying to
an existing thread, don't change the subject line.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au