[FFmpeg-user] Screen capture with rendered subtitles

Adam Skinner adam.skinner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:09:29 CEST 2011

I want to take a screenshot (with rendered subtitles) from a command line
tool, using a scripting language, or an application that accepts script
files for input. I've been able to partially do this with
ffmpeg<http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffmpeg> using
the following:

Code:

ffmpeg -ss 00:10:19 -vframes 1 -i "filename" -y -scodec ass -slang jpn
output%d.jpg

but this generates 2 files - one image file, and one subtitle file.

Is there a way to* use ffmpeg to render the subtitles to the image*, or a
method whereby I could mux this in after the fact?