[FFmpeg-user] Human-readable size...

Dave Bevan dave.bevan at bbc.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 20:28:00 CEST 2011

>>On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 08:10, Bryce Utting <butting.mp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If they're not prepared to do any parsing, I wouldn't be entirely
>> confident that they'd take up extra options
>
> Take a look, it does accept extra parameters to be passed to ffmpeg.
>
> www.winff.org
>
> It´s available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS-X. It does the job and does the job fine. Parsing ffmpeg´s output would risk causing errors if ffmpeg inadvertedly changes its output format from one version to another. If spawning ffmpeg to a command line window works fine, why complicate it?.
>
> In other words, it follows the "KISS" principle (keep it simple, st**id). ;) FC

I believe your KISS statement probably now means any form of co-operation with you and development of your idea will most-likely be halted. I agree with others that re-presentation of stderr messages should solely be the responsibility of any 3rd party app that decides it wants to wrap ffmpeg in warm and cluddly clothing.

On the other hand, you could of course get the source from GIT and submit a patch for review, or just run your own patched version to give you what you want - it's a free world of course.

--D.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/