[FFmpeg-user] Difference between ffmpeg command line and shared object?

Brian Rasmusson br at bitberry.com
Tue Jul 26 22:48:39 CEST 2011

I'm researching a project where I need to use a command line version of
FFmpeg instead of the shared libraries directly.

I have a programmer lined up to do it, but he says that the options you
can set using the shared library directly cannot all be set using
command line parameters to the ffmpeg executable. Is this really so, or
is there a way to build up a long command string and have ffmpeg.exe
parse it, if not all options are available as separate command line
parameters?

Thanks,
Brian