[FFmpeg-user] Lossless coding using ffmpeg with libschroedinger

charvak sandipshete at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 05:43:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

I recently downloaded the latest version of Schroedinger codec, which comes
with a improved lossless coding support. However, I am unable to figure out
exactly how to use it.

This is what I am trying:
* ffmpeg -s 704x576 -r 60 -i input.yuv -f mp4 -vcodec libschroedinger
-qscale 0.0001  -y schro_lossless.mp4*
When I try to reproduce the original yuv file by decoding
schro_lossless.mp4, I don't get the original file(I check it by using diff).
This is how i decode the file:
* ffmpeg -i schro_lossless.mp4 schro_decoded.yuv*
After this,
*diff schro_decoded.yuv input.yuv * generates output, which means files are
not equal.

It is interesting that for snow codec, qscale=0.0001 works perfectly for
lossless compression. Can anyone please tell what I am missing here?

Thanks,
charvak