[FFmpeg-user] Empty audio track to video created from image

Brian Cardarella bcardarella at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:16:08 CEST 2011

I have a video from an image that I've created. The video goes for
about 60 frames. Then I append the content video after it using cat.

The problem is the audio from the 2nd video starts playing when the
video starts, during the first video instead of when the 2nd video
starts.

I'm guessing this is because the first video does not have an audio
track. So the audio track from the first is told to start on frame 1.

All this to ask: is there a way to add an empty audio stream when
creating the 1st video to prevent this? Or am I going about this
backwards?

- Brian