[FFmpeg-user] mp4 settings

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Fri Jul 15 01:05:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 06:25:33PM -0400, HallMarc Websites wrote:
> Hello list, first time on this list.
>
> I am writing a PHP script using ffmpeg to transcode uploaded video files to
> mp4.
>
> the line currently looks like this:
>
> ffmpeg -i INPUT_FILE -f mp4 -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -b 864k -acodec libfaac -s
> 480x320 -aspect 3:2 -qscale 1 -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 96k -async 1
> OUTPUT_FILE.mp4

I would give you several recommendadtions for this command, but I'm not
totally sure what you're trying to do. I assume you want to take a
variety of inputs and resize them all to be 480 pixels wide while
keeping the aspect ratio, and then playing these outputs on your web site
with a Flash player such as JW Player or Flowplayer.

What distro/OS/system are you using? Can you show the output of "ffmpeg"?

> These are the target settings I used with a Windows app called SUPERC:
>

> 1) Select output container = mp4
>
> 2) Select the output video codec = h/264/avc
>
> 3) Select the output audio codec = AAC LC
>
> 4) Video size = 480:320
>
> 5) Aspect = 3:2
>
> 6) Frame/Sec = 25
>
> 7) Bitrate kbps = 864
>
> 8) Options = Hi Quality, 48K Audio
>
> 9) Sample Freq = 44100
>
> 10) Channels = 2
>
> 11) Bitrate kbps = 96
>

> Make sure it is set for streaming
>
> When I use SUPER the file it outputs is playable on everything I have thrown
> at it and I'm not getting the same result with my ffmpeg settings. What am I
> doing wrong?

What is "everything"? Can you be more specific than "not getting the same
result"?