[FFmpeg-user] Play Camera RTSP H264 Stream

Mcole mcole at neptec.com
Tue Jul 12 22:42:03 CEST 2011

I'm trying to view a H264 stream from an Avigilon camera which has the option
to create a RTSP stream.  I can view the stream succesfully n VLC so it
seems as though the stream is correct?  However, when I try to view it in
ffplay or transcode it in ffmpeg I repeatedly get the PPS errors below
followed by a conversion error and no video.  Anyone know what the issue is
or have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Matt

ffplay rtsp://admin:admin@169.254.229.10/defaultPrimary?streamType=u

[h264 @ 0x1de8d40] no frame!
[h264 @ 0x1de8d40] non-existing PPS referenced
[h264 @ 0x1de8d40] non-existing PPS 0 referenced
[h264 @ 0x1de8d40] decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x1de8d40] no frame!
.... Repeated hundreds of time .....
[rtsp @ 0x1df2360] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Input #0, rtsp, from
'rtsp://admin:admin@169.254.229.10/defaultPrimary?streamType=u':
  Metadata:
    title           : Live
  Duration: N/A, start: 0.024289, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 64 kb/s
    Stream #0.1: Video: h264, 90k tbr, 90k tbn, 180k tbc
    Stream #0.2: Data: [0][0][0][0] / 0x0000
[buffersink @ 0x1fe9780] auto-inserting filter 'auto-inserted scaler 0'
between the filter 'src' and the filter 'out'
Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'src' and
the filter 'auto-inserted scaler 0'
[h264 @ 0x1de8d40] non-existing PPS referenced
^C    Last message repeated 906 times    0KB vq=13209KB sq=    0B f=0/0
    Last message repeated 906 times