[FFmpeg-user] Library Specific Options

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sun Jul 3 17:24:45 CEST 2011

On date Sunday 2011-07-03 07:57:08 -0400, Kyle encoded:
> To my knowledge FFmpeg does not support passing specific options to
> the library being used.
>
> I believe this would be a handy feature, and not impossibly
> difficult to implement.
>
> An example of this would be with the package LAME, FFmpeg obviously
> supports encoding with the LAME library package, but to my knowledge
> does not support specific features that LAME supplies.
>
> This is a example of how the features I'm describing could possibly work:
> ffmpeg -i "infile.mpg" -vcodec copy -acodec libmp3lame
> -alib_options="--noreplaygain" -ab 192k "outfile.mp4"

Since a few months FFmpeg supports private options, that is options
which are specific of the codec/format selected. For example now
libx264 has an -x264opts which allows to specify options processed
directly by libx264.

> Then FFmpeg would simply pass all "-alib_options" to the audio codec
> library, allowing for all features that the library being used has
> to offer.
>
> This is just a possible "feature request" and I apologize if this
> feature already exists.
>
> If this feature does not exists I could really see some useful
> functions for it if it was to be implemented.

Which options do you want to see implemented?
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #10
One minute of audio noise with ffmpeg: