[FFmpeg-user] adding microphone input?

Sw@g sweetthdevil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:22:13 CEST 2011

On 06/30/2011 11:19 AM, Sw at g wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am recording my logitech webcam, but would like to add microphone
> input, but I am not sure on how to find the proper input line.
>
> I am running archlinux with gnome shell and therefore pulseaudio.
>
> this is the command line I use, thank to user of the mailinglist.
>
> ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 640x480 -r 15 -i /dev/video0 -vcodec libx264
> -preset medium -crf 26 -threads 0 output.mkv
>
> Looking forward for your reply,
>
> Regards,

Hi all,

After further internet searching I have found out how to record the
webcam and the microphone together (see command line below) however the
sound isn't great (a lot of white noise) so how can I tweak the command
line to get a sharper sound?

ffmpeg -f alsa -i pulse -ac 2 -acodec pcm_s16le -f video4linux2 -s