[FFmpeg-user] getting some xml-ish dump while ffprobing a media file's metadata?

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Sat Dec 31 20:59:04 CET 2011

On 31/12/11 19:53, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>   Stefano, last two things (I hope ;-))
> ~
>   1) mixing plain and xml-structured text is not that "useful". If user
> wants xml output, this is what she/he wants

I don't think it's mixed.
XML output is on stdout and "text" output is on stderr.
Try your command again, but redirect the output to a file

ffprobe -show_streams  -show_format -print_format xml
/media/sdb1/LklWb/com/youtube/gmcummings/Are_You_Going_With_Me_Quality_Version_Rare_Video~Ip7kEx789n8.flv
 >output.xml

the console will contain the "text" part, and the file "output.xml" will
contain the XML.

--
Mark