[FFmpeg-user] (RUN_AVX_INSTR:6) cannot reference symbol `sizeofm9' in preprocessor

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Dec 24 04:02:56 CET 2011

Hi!

Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans <at> guardianproject.info> writes:

> > The resulting binary of this fork looks non-free (proprietary,
> > unredistributable software), so please be careful what you do with such a
> > binary!
>
> The scripts here are just purely to manage all of the ./configure flags, then
> run 'make'.  I have --enable-cross.. et. al in there.

The problem is "et. al".

Or in other words:
Either arm compilation is broken (with useful configure options), then please
should not be useful (and not used, especially not when reporting problems).

> As for my fork, it just adds two filters to libavfilter and they compile
> fine.  I'll try head with the same flags.
>
> As for the license, the script is using --enable-gpl.  Can you tell me what in
> particular I'm doing that is making it non-free?

One of the two filters has a license header that does not look compatible with
FFmpeg. If you believe the filters are useful (I cannot comment), please add an
appropriate license header (if you are the author of the file) and send patches
to ffmpeg-devel.

Merry Christmas, Carl Eugen