[FFmpeg-user] muxing into mxf im50

Tim Nicholson tim.nicholson at bbc.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 13:02:38 CET 2011

On 22/12/11 11:10, Nicolas George wrote:
>> On 21/12/11 13:48, Clément Bœsch wrote:
>>> [...]
>
> Le primidi 1er nivôse, an CCXX, Tim Nicholson a écrit :
>> Using a filter for simple remapping feels OTT imho.
>
> I see the it the other way around: filters should be the default way to do
> anything, as they have a generic interface and can be ordered with regard to
> each other.

Whilst that is true, the generic interface can be somewhat tortuous for
users, for example avoiding spaces if not quoting, where to quote, what
type of quote (single double) what characters to escape, when to escape,
which punctuation where, etc.

However if it is implemented as a filter, and a shortcut (by means of
the mapping control) is arranged, then we will have the best of both
worlds. Total control when it is needed. But simplicity when it is not.

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/