[FFmpeg-user] Capturing from DVB-T card

Matthew Morgan lytithwyn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:27:30 CET 2011

On 12/21/2011 11:08 AM, Heiko Baums wrote:
> Am Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:26:22 +0000 (UTC)
> schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos<cehoyos at ag.or.at>:
>
>> Heiko Baums<lists<at>  baums-on-web.de>  writes:
>>
>>> ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -i plughw:0 -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0
>>> movie.mpg
>> Does mplayer tv:// work?
>> If yes, run it (and exit) before trying above command line (same with
>> xawtv).
Have you tried using v4l2-ctl to set the input?  That program usually
comes with ivtv-tools (or a similarly named package on your distro).
That's what I use to control the input source on my Asus PVR-450 which
also has a cx88 chipset.  I'm doing captures directly from the mpeg
encoder using `cat /dev/video0 > myvideo.mpg`, but I think it should
still apply to using ffmpeg as well.