[FFmpeg-user] muxing into mxf im50

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 15:21:45 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 02:12:07PM +0000, Tim Nicholson wrote:
> On 21/12/11 13:48, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> >On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 02:40:01PM +0100, Igor Podobiński wrote:
> >>Thanks. I must have missed this.
> >>
> >>Do you have any idea when it will be implemented?
> >>

> >Not sure. A workaround may be available as soon as the "amerge" audio
> >filter is upstream. One developer is working on it but I can't estimate
> >his motivation, his time and the amount of work needed from his side. You
> >can follow the developer mailing list and eventually grab more
> >information.
> >

> Using a filter for simple remapping feels OTT imho.

It might be a workaround for a first, not a final solution.

> >Another possibility is to add an audio stream merging "hack" before the
> >streams are processed in ffmpeg.c as I mentioned in a recent mail on this
> >mailing list.
> >

> The ffmbc syntax is pretty straightforward and understandable and I
> would suggest a good model to follow.

If a filter exists, it can be reused in ffmpeg.c: any solution will lead
to the same usage. This is more a dev discussion, but as I see the thing
it will either use the filter, a ffmpeg.c hack, or a new helper in libswr
or lavu; whatever the solution the goal is then to integrate it with
-map_channel, and not request a particular usage from the users.

--
Clément B.