[FFmpeg-user] u8 sample format is incompatible with aac

Tarun singhal tsinghal18 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:14:55 CET 2011

Oh! Thats a bad news for me. Actually I want to encode a particular media
file for thin-end devices and I want to choose the audio resolution as u8
rather than s16 and want to encode it as AAC only.Is there Any way I can
achieve that using FFmpeg.
And I know that quality will deteriorate but quality is not an issue in my
situtation, availibility is.