[FFmpeg-user] video quality problem with ffmpeg command mov to 3gp

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sat Dec 17 20:09:34 CET 2011

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 05:34:13 +0530
"dE ." <de.techno at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/16/11 12:42, aris sirajawali wrote:
> > how to convert video from mp4 to 3gp using ffmpeg.
> > I use a command like the following: ffmpeg-i INPUT.MOV-acodec
> > libfaac-ab 12.2k-ac 2-ar 8000-vcodec h263-s QCIF-r 10-b 32k
> > OUTPUT.3GP but by using the above command, I get the video that is
> > not good.
> >
> > whether there is an error on my order and how do i get the command
> > line with the results of a good video.
> >
> > thank you, please help from friends all..
>
> Maybe you should use -sameq flag instead of all the above, but I'm
> not use....

The -sameq option is probably the most misused FFmpeg option and it
probably doesn't do what you think it does. The old documentation
(ffmpeg -h) implied that -sameq meant, "make the output the same
quality as the input", but this is not necessarily true. The
documentation has been updated, but could still be more descriptive.