[FFmpeg-user] Convert MOV to some lossless format.

A Commuter acommuter at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:04:53 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple ffmpeg command that will convert a MOV file created using a digital camera, to a high quality format that can be read by my DVD creator software. I've tried mov to mpg with no arguments, and my source, 95 MB turned into an output of 5MB. The quality looks a little grainy. FYI. Only a 32 second video if you're wondering. :-)

I used this: ffmpeg -i in.mov out.mpg

I think I need to specify yuv444p instead of ffmpeg auto-selecting yuv420.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Jim.