[FFmpeg-user] file for preset 'iphone' not found

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:25:22 CET 2011

On Dec 13, 2011, at 8:19 PM, aris sirajawali wrote:

> whether by using preset file Current iPod presets are "ipod320" and "ipod640
> " It can run on the iphone ..?

Those presets should work for iPhones, with several caveats.  They just
set the h264 profile, level, maxrate and bufsize.  These values may or
may not be optimum for your iPhone, depending on the model, but
they should work.  The presets do not set the codecs necessary for
either iPods or iPhones (generally libx264 and one of the aac
codecs, as you were using), not do they scale the video within the
maximum specs of the device.  You can look up the specs for the
iPhone you have in mind and make sure that you have the correct
parameters in your command line.

I'm not aware of an "iphone" preset.  You could easily make one by
editing the ipod preset to fit your specs.  When I tried that the
presets seemed pretty limited as to what options you could put
in them (for example, scale, codecs, etc. don't seem to work)

Jim