[FFmpeg-user] Help me on rtmp and format

jacky renaux.jacky at orange.fr
Mon Dec 12 20:55:08 CET 2011

Hi

I try to stream to red5 server using rtmp protocol

It works fine using flash media server and like to
Use ffmpeg for so
 I am quite lost :
FFMPEG version
  ffmpeg version N-35462-g61b1d85, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg
developers
  built on Dec  5 2011 14:22:27 with gcc 4.6.2
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads
--enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r
--enable-
  libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp
--enable-
  libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc
--enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264
--
  enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil    51. 30. 0 / 51. 30. 0

I tried several combination
 using libx264   only changing -f option and follwing are the results
          setup                           results or error
    -vcodec  libx264 -f h264       ok for rtmp cannot read the video
    -vcodec  libx264 -f m4v        ok for rtmp cannot read the video
    -vcodec  libx264 -f h263       ok for rtmp cannot read the video
    -vcodec  libx264 -f matroska   ok for rtmp cannot read the video
    -vcodec  libx264 -f mpegts     ok for rtmp cannot read the video
    -vcodec  libx264 -f webm       stop
    -vcodec  libx264 -f mp4        non seekable   ?????
    -vcodec  libx264 -f mpegvideo  stop
    -vcodec  libx264 -f f4v        non suitable output format   ??
    -vcodec  libx264 -f aac        non suitable output format   ??
    -vcodec  libx264 -f m4a        non suitable output format   ??
    -vcodec  libx264 -f flv        rtmp error only 3 packets are sent

According to the RED5 specs valid streams are
     Sorensen , vp6, H.264 , Nelly Moser , MP3 , Speex , Aac and NSV

Can someone help me ?  I am quite sure I made mistakes on codec lib
and format association

Many thanks
Jacky